Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rainy Days at School

So some people wake up and see the rain coming down and hate it. Lots of teachers wake up to the rain and probably hate it even more. I wake up and see the rain and get excited. I love everything about the rain except driving in it of course. I also don't mind the rainy days at work either. You have to be a bit more creative, but that is part of the fun. Here are some of the things we enjoyed on Friday.
The ever faithful playdough and two of my sweet little girls. The peg boards are always a hit. The kids get to stretch rubberbands over them. I have only lost one eye with this activity.
My school is equipped with a covered patio which allows the kids to get outside and not get wet. It is still cold, but they can't tell.
Okay, I found these suction cup balls at Target in the party favor section and they are in my rainy day bag of tricks. I love them. They stick great to windows and the kids love them. Plus they are so soft that if the kids get hit with them they don't hurt. And no I don't throw them at them on purpose.
Liana's class went on a rain walk. The school has a bunch of umbrellas for the kids and they love walking in the rain.
Liana loves walking in the rain and just got the cute raincoat as a hand-me-down from a co-worker. Just in time.




No comments:

Post a Comment