Thursday, January 8, 2009

5 Things I am Thankful For.

When I was younger and would be down in the dumps, my mom would have this way of getting us to realize that things were really not all that bad. She would make us name 5 things that we were thankful for. You would then have to go through the whole week waking up and doing that, not repeating anything from the days before. It sounds stupid, but it really helped. I am not down in the dumps today, but still feel that it is a good practice. It is so easy to look at what we want and not focus on all that God has blessed us with. So today, these are my five, in no particular order.

Sophia Grace Puffer. My newest little niece by my sister Rachel and her husband Jason. She is a constant reminder of God's timing and goodness in our lives. Well, and she is the cutest baby around.My amazing daughter Liana whose love for life is inspirational.

I am thankful that I have a job where I get to be in the same place as my daughter. I am thankful that I have a job at all with how things are going in our economy right now. Even though i feel at times God is pushing me to do something different, I am grateful for Pasadena Christian Preschool. Liana got the book Fancy Nancy from my sister's roomate. She took it to school and her amazing teachers got out all the dress up clothes so they could all be fancy nancy.


James. What can I say? I sure got lucky with this one. He is more then I deserve. God knew what he was doing when he sent me across the world to find him.

Everyday that Jason walks into our house, I feel like crying. I am so thankful that he is home from Iraq and back where he belongs. He is also now finished with the Marines officially after 7 years of service. Even though Jason came home in October, Liana still thanks God every night at dinner that Jason came back from "The Rack". Apparently she thought Jason was just taking a long nap.
So now it is your turn. It is really not hard. What do you have to thank God for today?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy, I was glad to find your blog through Heidi's blog. Your daughter is quite a cutie! I'm so glad to see some pictures of your family and hear how life is for you! =0)
    My blog is http://themommylane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete