Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I need a sibling

Anyone who knows James and I, you know we both come from big families. I am number two of five kids and he is number nine of eleven. We both have always imagined our lives together including a big family. We had only been married about 9 months when we got pregnant with Liana. In our minds eye, no matter how excited we were about it, we could not believe God's crazy timing. I had been working two jobs because we had so much trouble getting James a work visa and James had finally gotten a job he had only been at for about 3 weeks. But we did it and were blessed with an amazing daughter.

She is one of the best kids ever and even though she knows no different, our family just does not seem complete. Last July, we found out that we were pregnant. We were excited, but no near as excited as Liana was. Unfortunately, it was not in God's will for us and I had a miscarriage a few weeks later. James and I are very eager to have another, but know that there is nothing we can do if God does not want us to have another. So in the mean time, we get to let her enjoy being a big sister to her cousin Sophie.

Sophie was over for dinner with her parents and my mom started to give her a bottle. Liana quickly ran to the table and wanted to feed her. She is so sweet and gentle with Sophia and there is a part of me that is so sad for her that we are not able to give her that sibling she so desperately wants. Maybe she will be our only one for us. At least we got the best.

1 comment:

  1. I am struggling with this reality as well. We had a miscarriage over a year ago and haven't gotten pregnant again since then even though we are doing nothing to prevent it.
    I feel the exact same way about Anders not having a sibling as well! I just don't want him to grow up with an "only child syndrome". :0/
    I guess God knows His own timing right?

    ReplyDelete